9/2/08

Pattern?

I don't know if I believe in 'patterns' where having children is concerned but here's a few that we've experienced:

1 -- Boy or Girl? So far, our pattern is boy, boy, girl, boy, boy.

2 -- Weight? We've had 2 seven-pounders (Nathan and Caleb both weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces), followed by 2 six-pounders (Elizabeth 6# 13, John 6# 4), followed by another 7-pounder (Timothy weighed 7# 5).

3 -- Epidurals? This one probably only means something to me! :) With Nathan, I had an epidural (3 actually as the first 2 didn't take!). With Caleb, too late! With Elizabeth, I had an epidural that worked very well. With John, epidural didn't work. With Timothy, another well-working epidural.

4 -- Hair color? While Nathan was born blonde, he didn't stay that way long. He's definitely a brunette. Caleb, full blonde. Elizabeth, brunette all along. John, blonde (albeit redish) from the beginning. Timothy, well, his is certainly not blonde and is starting to look more and more brunette as we go along.

5 -- This one is questionable. Up until Timothy's birth, I thought we had a pattern for day of the week. Nathan was born very early on a Wednesday morning. Caleb was born late on a Monday evening. Elizabeth, an early Thursday morning. John, a late Tuesday evening. I had a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and a Thursday baby and thought I just might have a Friday baby. However, Timothy was also born on a Thursday. Interesting to note -- Timothy was my only baby born during daylight hours. Ooh -- that's another pattern -- (early) morning, evening, (early) morning, evening, morning.

So....if 'pattern' holds, then we should have a 7 pound, blonde baby girl born without an epidural (who may or may not be born on a Friday evening?). There's a few patterns there that I couldn't care less about, 1 that I hope holds (girl), and 1 that I hope doesn't (epidural). Only time will tell. For those of you who are curious, yes, we will find out what this baby is as soon as possible. Typically, that's done around 20 weeks although they can tell earlier and earlier as technology improves. We should know something by the first of November at least. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't wait to see if it's a boy or a girl! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a girl ;o)

bauerpower said...

I won't be crossing my fingers, but I will be praying for you to have a healthy baby. :) patterns, hmmmmm, wonder if we will have enough kids to create any patterns?