8/25/09

First day of school!

We've all happily survived! Tomorrow will be another big challenge for several reasons. First of all, Jonathan was home today to "celebrate" with the kids so I had a 2nd set of hands with me while getting everyone ready and out the door (BTW -- if you don't follow me on Twitter or Facebook, I'll let you know that, thankfully, Caleb & Elizabeth got moved to the morning kindergarten class; they are together, now). And, with him here, I didn't have to worry about the fact that Lydia & Timothy both were still asleep when I needed to leave to go get Nathan. Secondly, no one really "had" school today, meaning no one really was taught much of anything. You know how first day of school usually goes, right? Everyone woke up really excited and everyone came home really excited. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that things aren't always going to be this way. Getting up will get harder, especially on Mondays and Thursdays after church the night before and in the winter when it will be so stinkin' cold...school work will get harder, especially for Nathan...and I'm sure a million other things will suck the excitement out of my eager beavers and, if not them, I'm sure John will protest! But, I AM thankful no one came home today scared out of their wits about going back tomorrow.

*Any readers out there not currently doing so who are willing to do so, we are now actively clipping Box Tops for the kids' schools. If you wouldn't mind collecting for us or want to know what in the world I'm talking about, let me know by mouth or email (sing2praisehim@hotmail.com). Thanks!

*Anyone interested in placing MarketDay orders? If you do or want to know what in the world I'm talking about, let me know. Kinda short notice this month but orders are due on Friday.

I think that's it! Here's some pictures....

Our schedule (although I took this picture when I put up the
schedules when I thought Caleb & Elizabeth were still in afternoon kindergarten)!

No comments: