10/6/07

3 hours sleep

And that's cumulative, not all at once. That's what I'm running on today -- about 3 hours. That cough I posted about yesterday, well, it's a lot worse. I tried going to bed last night at 10:30 and coughed my way through 'til Jonathan came to be at 11:30. Dozed off and on between coughing fits between 11:30 and 12:30 when John was up. Jonathan and I took turns being up with John between 12:30 and 1:30 and my best stretch of sleep was somewhere between 2:30 and 3:30 when I finally got up and took more medicine although that was not a solid hour of sleep. After going back to bed around 4, I had a good set of sleep somewhere between then and 5 when John was up again. This time, Jonathan put him in bed with me and hit the couch. Another good dose of sleep between 5:30 and 7 or so when John woke me up, kicking me in the back. I was up then for good. Jonathan left at 8 with Nathan and Caleb for soccer. John and Elizabeth watched t.v. and I dozed off on the couch between 9 and 10. Hate leaving them with the electronic baby-sitter but I was beyond exhausted at that point and I really didn't mean to fall asleep. My plan was to get something to eat about 9 and then next thing I knew, it was 10:00. Jonathan got home about 12:30 with the boys and I went back to bed and am relieved to have actually had almost a solid 2 hour block of sleep without a coughing fit. Church is probably out for me again tomorrow -- I don't know for sure if I'm contagious (I don't even know what I have -- no other symptoms really than the cough. My ears hurt today and my throat feels raw so maybe I'm just on the beginning of something?) but if I have another night like I had last night, then Jonathan will have to do it without me tomorrow and it will have been 2 solid weeks since I've been to church (John was sick for a Wednesday and Sunday before all this started happening with me).

If you catch this, please pray for a night of sleep for me and for wisdom -- that I'll get better and/or that I'll know it's time to head for an urgent care or something as I don't really have a general practitioner to go to.

No comments: