10/28/07

Guess what I got?!?!

(You should be able to imagine the huge grin on my face right now....!)
Big THANK YOU to Paula & Candace who gave me the new Steven Curtis Chapman CD!!!! I'm rockin' away as we speak to "Children of God":
Who are the treasured and the prized?
Who is the apple of God's eye?
Who is?
WE ARE, WE ARE, WE ARE!
Who are the ones who bear His name?
Who are the children He has claimed as His?
WE ARE, WE ARE, WE ARE!
Awesome song, I'm telling you! My favorite is probably "Yours" -- very worshipful and so very, very true.
It's all yours, God.
Yours, God.
Everything is yours.
From the stars in the sky to the depths of the ocean floor.
And it's all yours, God.
Yours, God.
Everything is yours.
You're the Maker and Keeper, Father, and Ruler of everything.
It's all Yours....
The glory is yours, God.
All the honor is yours, God.
The power is yours, God.
The glory is yours, God.
You're the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
And it's all yours, God.
I have cold chills....Then there's "Broken" (We're all broken and we all need a Savior") I love that first line "I'm just a well-dressed wreck". And, of course, there's "Cinderella" and SCC's song to his wife "One Heartbeat At A Time", the title track that's playing on radio right now "Miracle of the Moment", etc, etc. Anyway, I think you get the idea. Might end up my fav album but my all-time favorite SCC song (that will probably never change) is "Be Still And Know" off of his "Speechless" album that came out around 1999. I heard our former pastor, Tony, sing that song once as he was guest speaking. I'm a pretty hard sale on anyone other than SCC singing his songs (I can't stand it when someone else sings "I Will Be Here" at a wedding but that's just me) but Tony did a fabulous job on "Be Still And Know". I'll stop at that one lest I go on a why-I'm-hooked-on-SCC discussion that no one wants to hear about! You're probably rolling your eyes already and that's fine.... =)

No comments: