10/5/07

Countdown added

Over to the left, you'll notice a countdown to 37 weeks. That's our goal, when it should be safe to deliver. Several people have asked me with everything that's gone on this week, if that means we'll deliver prematurely again. I honestly can't answer that. What I do know is this -- 1) what's happened this week is more under the category of "irritable uterus" as opposed to "preterm labor"; and 2) things are much better for now. Tuesday was great until after lunch, then I had a few problems. Wednesday was not so great as I was up again at 4 AM with contractions that pretty much lasted until sometime Wednesday evening. Yesterday, I attempted to take the kids to our homeschool co-op where I'm in the nursery as a volunteer for 2 hours. While there, I had about 5 contractions the entire time but felt pretty bad when I got home. I laid down with John yesterday afternoon and was fine after that. I helped make dinner, helped Jonathan put laundry away (he insisted that I do as much from a sitting position and he carried the baskets everywhere), and then went to CVS to get some cough syrup (as if everything this week hasn't been enough, I now have a really bad cough). The weird thing is -- I never had 1 contraction during the entire evening! And, I got up around 3:30 for my middle-of-the-night trip to the bathroom (every woman who's ever been pregnant should sympathize!) which was what started things rolling both on Monday and Wednesday. Had 2 contractions after I laid down but the next thing I knew, it was 8 this morning. Now, here it is 11:00 and I'm fine. Not even one contraction this morning and this cough, while highly annoying and sounding terrible, really doesn't bother me that much. I don't feel sick -- in fact, I feel really good. I should be happy, right? Well, I am, but here's the thing -- I'm beyond confused! I've done more in the past 15 hours or so than I've done all week and I'm fine. So what was up with Monday - Wednesday?? Who knows?!?! Oh well -- there's only one thing I can do right now and that's take it one day at a time, giving thanks along the way for another day closer to a safe delivery.

Thanks for all who are praying and please don't stop! Next dr's appt is on Tue. 10/16. Special thanks to Kisha (as my Mom says very often -- "what would we do without her?!?!") who stayed with the kids on Monday, fed them lunch and dinner, did some laundry, cleaned up 2 kids bedrooms, and has offered to take Nathan to a few of our homeschool things we had planned over the next few months if I'm not able to go. We could never thank you enough! And a big thanks to the Wilkes family for bringing us dinner on Wednesday night!! Boston Market -- very yummy! Eating the last of the chicken for lunch today!

No comments: