1/28/09

Getting tired of labor & delivery!

Yet another visit to labor & delivery yesterday. :( Was in more pain than usual and starting to contract again so it was suspected that my urinary tract infection was worsening and that I should be seen. We are very thankful to God that our trip wasn't as bad as it could have been with the weather. And, as always, thankful to Candace for the huge inconvenience of having our kids for so long, well past their bedtimes! Rather than retype everything, here is a copy of the update I sent out over email:

Here is the update from my visit to the hospital yesterday. Again, good news and not-so-good news. The good news is the pain and contractions I had been feeling were actually not related to an infection as originally suspected. The other good news is that there is no sign of preterm labor at this point. The not-so-good news is that we don't have an explination for the pain or contractions and that it did again take medication to stop them. At this point, I've been advised to stay off my feet as much as possible and to return to the hospital if the pain or contractions return. Because of my gestational diabetes complication, they are still uncomfortable with me taking medication at home to prevent or ease any future issues I might have with contractions.

Not much else to say other than I'm just tired, I think more emotionally than physically at this point. I understand their concern over giving me meds to stop contractions at home, that it would just be a "comfort" measure for me since the contractions aren't causing labor. Still, I feel stuck in the middle. I don't really want to run to L&D every time I start having uncomfortable contractions (ones that are worse than my "normal" which I do have daily) but I also don't want to necessarily grin-and-bear-it, if I don't have to. But.....what else is there to do?

Praying for all those on the roads today in Ohio (particularly my hubby!). Stay safe!

No comments: